My trip to Seminyak was amaaaaazing!!! I’m such a fashion and food victim so all I did was eat and shop, and oh yea I did my hair too. While I was staying in my favorite area in Seminyak, Petitenget, I came across probably the most fabulous cafe I’ve ever been to: KYND COMMUNITY
100% Plant-based, the scrumptious menu includes dishes like tropical smoothie bowls, rye bread with home made beetroot humus, and different colored “latte’s”. Truly I’ve never seen a more vibrant, colorful and yummy breakfast/lunch place in all my life. No surprise I went here every day while I was in Seminyak.
Some of my favorite dishes: All of the Gourmet Toasts, but particularly the Luther King with home made cashew butter, banana and coconut nectar (Oh My God), The Berry Tropical Smoothie Bowl, the Dream Boat Waffles with Coconut Ice-cream and obviously the Iced Caramel Latte (gotta love that Bali coffee!). I’m just including a part of their amazing menu below. But aside from the food, what I love most about this place is that they really aim to deliver a message. Every word in the menu, ever detail in the shop and every dish has been carefully put together, with the aim to inspire, bring people together and create awareness about food and the wellbeing of the planet. Truly it’s such a wonderful concept, and no wonder the place is packed non stop! Please take some time to visit if you happen to be in Seminyak. Hats of to the founders of this wonderful spot. Address deets below:
KYND COMMUNITY, JALAN PETITENGET NO. 12, PETITENGET, BALI INDONESIA, PH: +62859 3112 0209
HOT TIPS FOR A TAXI OR GO-JEK… NEXT TO L HOTEL & OPPOSITE WARUNG BANYUWANGI
As I mentioned, Petitenget is really my favorite area in Seminyak. This time I stayed at the lovely Ivory Resort, right on the main road and very close to all things enjoyable. I particularly loved the pool, and the spacious private suites. The hotel also serves healthy dishes like quinoa salad and avocado toast. There’s a nice gym on site and it’s very close to all the amazing restaurants, the shops, and the beach.
A couple of things I’d like to recommend for a holiday to Seminyak:
- STAY in Petitenget, because it’s quieter and more classy. The main Seminyak area can get very overcrowded and a bit trashy at times.
- EAT at KYND community and Earth Cafe , two of my all-time favorites, but both completely plant based FYI
- DRINK at Motel Mexicana, and combine it with a nice Mexican dinner. This place is definitely on top of my fun list. A must visit when you’re in the area! I also really love La Lucciola, but it’s booked most of the time so make sure you have a reservation!
- SHOP on Jalan Petitenget, full of bohemian and classy fashion brands. Some of my favorite shops are: Prisoners of St. Petersburg, Magali Pascal, Uma & Leopold and the abundance of bikini shops over there. You’ll surely forget about everything else while embarking on a shopping spree, Seminyak is the best for shopping honestly!
- CHILL at Potato Head Beachclub, classy, groovy and so fun. And if you’re into a different kind of chilling, book yourself into one of the amazing day spa’s and have a nice pampering afternoon. I actually loved the Spa package at my hotel, which included a foot ritual, a body scrub and a Balinese massage.
- TAN on the beach, or get one of the best spray tans I’ve ever had at Bali Golden Tan
I hope you’ll enjoy your Seminyak holiday!